Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tokyo Day 9 May 28, 2008


(people lining up for Papa's Beard.)




(Modern Art, Baby, School is in Session)

Day 9 started late. I woke up at 8 am. The sun was already streaming into the room I am staying at since 6. My everyday farmer schedule was slowly turning into urbanite schedule. I slept later than usual and was waking up later than usual. I mean, from 5 am to 8 am is kind of an improvement as far as sleep schedule is concerned. Day 9 started with me working on a new bunch of smaller watercolor pieces. It was quiet until 11.40 am. At 11.40 I linked up with a good ol' friend and fellow barnstormer, Diska(!)

(daicon, the man!)

He is having an art show in Dainkanyama at a place called Unique from June 25~July 16. Echo Daikanyama #202, 1-30-14 Ebisu Nishi, Shibuya, Tokyo. I would go if I was around, and my dear reader, if you find yourself in tokyo during those times, I highly recommend checking his art show out. He is busy painting getting the show ready for you! We strolled through the back streets of ebisu to shibuya. From there, we met Yuri Shibuya and together we went to eat. During our walk to the restaurant, DJ Kogee showed up on his bike! Him just riding around and not having slept all night was apparently a bit hungry! We four went and ate some pasta.

(my perspective)


(Hamamatsu Bad Boy)


(yuri's perspective)

It was alright. After food, we mosied on over to W/Base and Bicyclette. Both bike premier bike spots in tokyo. I guess its to bike riders what Homage Brooklyn is to Skaters. There was a motley crew of bikes at the shop and a bunch hanging out. WBase is a shop owned the big brother of famed Rip RIPZINGER.

(bikes is deep here)
This is a core shop and as such, attracts a core clientele who demand only the best in freestyle bikes while Bicyclette is a shop that caters to all the piste riders out there! I learned a new trick.. I should loosen my chain a little bit. Can t wait to try that when I get back.



(a cafe in ebisu neighborhood, Octagon Cafe!)



(crazy... check out the brakes.)
After that, it was time for me to roll back and do some work and get ready for my trip to Osaka on saturday.
Much later at night, I went to a sento.

(public bath with laundromat...ahhhh)

I am still a little bit reeling from the sauna and cold bath. I am tripping! My last stop was a super market in nakameguro where I could finally eat an untouched vegitables! AHHH!! Avocado, Carrots, Peanuts in shells and water. Psyched!! I want to especially the hard working summer time crewss!!

No comments: