Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tokyo Day 1 May 20, 2008


Day one started kinda in the afternoon at my arrival in Narita. Before that, it was pretty much the time warp tube riding from New York's JFK on may 19 to NRT may 20. There was a typhoon that struck the island for the majority of the day but fortunately for me, the plane arrived, no problems, without incident. It was not until later that evening , I was told that May 20 2008 was actually Narita Airports 30th Anniversary! There was a special 30th Anniversary Plane that was to arrive early in the morning, but due to uncooperative weather, the plane was re-routed to nagoya. I am hoping that this is not a harbinger of the trip for me. The AA 167 flight I was on was already delayed half an hour and the Greenroom Festival in Yokohama is only a one day event, insted of two days.. like I assumed. Nonetheless, I arrived without incident and everything was as smooth as can be. Slept on the bus ride into tokyo. My good friend and long time associate, Shingo Wakagi allowed me to make camp at his office and we went out to eat at Octogan Cafe right across the street. Later that night, I found myself at Ebisu's Premier Football Pub!

It is a little English Pub in Tokyo and they are obsessed with Futbal! There was even a golf pub near by! After two pints with me associate, Kumetani Satoshi of Dooor (www.dooor.jp), I called it a night.

I don't know if it is jetlag, but I tell you, I was tired all flight and then some.

(did not expect to see all kinds of happenings in the late night hour...violinist getting into it)
Peace!

No comments: