Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tokyo Day 10 May 29, 2008




Day 10 was a wet day. The rain drops on the roof and surrounding roofs were loud and heavy at 7 am. I m slowly adjusting to the time here and finding myself waking up a little bit later. I also find myself falling asleep a little bit later. Never the less, today, I my agenda was to leave tokyo and prepare for my trip to osaka. The first stop enroute would be in Kamakura. This is a very old town with many many people. It is nestled in the hill right off the coast of southern japan , one hour south of tokyo, just right south of yokohama. As close as it is to the big city, it is another part of japan you won't find in tokyo.






Here the people are rather local and the ocean stares at the community. There is a big surfing community here as well. The swells here are very fickle though, because of it's south facing position, only southern swells from typhoons and tropical storms make their way in. But it is very convenient because of the location and a host of other commerce that happens here. I am staying in inamura part of shonen and I can see the ocean from my host's house. This is like living in a dream.




I always want a place where I can walk to the beach and go surf anytime. Well, today we got wet but it wasn't really surfing. Can't complain though. I am staying at Mikey's Casa. I am here in shonan because of our trip to Greenroom Osaka. Jonas and Mikey are tight friends from junior high school and they are also surfing locals. Life is very good here. All your wants are fulfilled here and there are no needs, if you want it.

No comments: