Saturday, January 9, 2010

100108. Some Tigers for the New Year.



The green tiger. For me, it s a young tiger, learning to be patient and waiting , getting ready to pounce on the new year. The Year has just begun, so I m hoping it s gonna be as good as I say it is.
This particular piece is one of two paintings I am exhibiting for an upcoming group show. All the participants have nothing but hope for the year, because 2009 was a let down for some and 2010 is a space odd-ity for others! A new decade seems to bring everyones hopes up! The last new decade was 2000 and 1990 and 1980. I don't think I honestly gave a crap and this one.. well, stakes is higher than all those other decades for me, so I guess I should. Besides, living is quite fun, high or low. What a disaster or what a success. It all feels like living in a balance is more and more important and needing less and less to keep my interest up.



This just some more stuff I am getting into. you gotta look tight for the tiger and there are other things floating around. Depending on your screen you gotta squint or step back. The red makes it feel extra hot for me and the sumi-esque quality , well, that s the stuff I really really like. Ink lines and brush work. Nice and dirty, in a clean and unreadable way.



This is just 2010 coming to get at ya!
are you the big pussy or the prey?
Where will you fit in this image?
reflective of your state or a by stander checking it out too close?
or maybe none of those and it will not be anything or.
art is good like that. you either like or don't like.
simple.



I think I was doing a conversation. Big Tiger telling a little tiger.
or just sketching out some lines and two figures appeared on my paper.
Either or , depending on my answer at the moment.

2010. The Year Of the Tiger. RESPECT!

No comments: