Wednesday, September 24, 2008

080830-0901 Bumbershoot, Seattle, WA



Tina of High Fashion Studios.
Do your hair? Seattle says,'HELLS YEAH!!'



Super!Alright! on stand-by!



Mike and Josh Langlais. Custom Furniture Designer/Carpenter.
Discussing Costa Rica and Portland Waves.



Pacifica. Great Band, Great Smiles.



One of my life influences, ROB Undril.




A Seattle Bus Sign Notice.



Thugs in the dome. Dustin and Jonny.



Steve Whitacomb, Dave Mazak, Sean Quinn.




Jonny and Skateboard.



A rebel painter girl, Kumiko.




Late Night San Francisco's High Fashion Crew!!




Squint your eyes, it's LEE Scratch Perry!!




Big UP, Theme Magazine! They are in American Photographer!!!!








GOURMET SEATTLE. Two of the Finest.




Famous Ivar's Employee of the Month!





JJ!





Jonny and Valley, the band. Preparing for interview.





Jonny kills it in Ping Pong. Jonny also sharks in pool. Watch OUT!



Fantagraphic, SUN!!




Big Fountain people run through.




Good Bye, Summer.




Dell dome at night.




Black Eyes and Neckties. The Band.




Me and my friends. Nice and Beer Blurry.




Welcome to the Bus. Don't we make you want to come inside?





Carny Heroes! Hopeless in Seattle.





The Beautiful Chris Pfeiffel.




The Living Room of the 9 Pound Hammer.



My Home away from Home. The 9 Pound Hammer in Georgetown.





A beacon in the thick of despair.





The light in the dark, for the Morning after. All City Coffee.




One Hundred Feet. Don't miss it. Anthony.


Seattle was space needles. Seattle was fish markets and rivers and EXP and Jimi Hendrix spirit and hills and REI and friends who were once east coasters like me and Seattle was flannel and the last port city before alaska and the spirit of miners and rough around the edges and Georgetown and Pioneers and 9 Pound Hammer, my one and only favorite free pool bar. Seattle was hope and possibilities and explorers and potential and new friends and lots of men and not enough women. Seattle from what I saw was like that. Bumbershoot was the oldest music festival I have ever witnessed. It was also Ichiro Pride, a humble great baseballer from the far east, my neck of the islands! Seattle was all the grunge I ever listened to and it was the toughest girls with mouths that backed up with fists and attitudes and it was cold. It was the end of summer. It was the beginning of week long coughing fits. It was all it was hoped to be and all that it wasn't. I loved it. I hated it. I admired it. I wanted to run away from it. It was tough. It was soft. I really loved my 9 pound hammer and I really missed my friends, ALL CITY COFFEE. It was a good place to be at the time, because slowly, the tour is coming to end and although I worry about what I ll do next, I ve got hope! Hope, like Seattle, is a high quality potential survivor port town in the northwest.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You are amazing.