Wednesday, October 22, 2008

0913-1408 Monolith, Denver



Mike Painting.



The Bus on the road.



I worked here 1993! Silverthorne, Colorado.



A giant Blue Bear in downtown Denver.



The Bus.



Performance by Heiroglyphics Crew.



Del, A-Plus, Mike, Jonny, Mister Hendrix and Beaucoup. At the dome.




Jonny and Mike. The two man gang.



If you ever wondered how mike can paint the top of the painting...
the secret to getting the paint up top, a ladder.




Swept away.



At Vinny's Studio.




Dinosaur Stomp Modern Dance.




In MOMA to get inspired pre Denver.




King IKSO!! FTL



Here's Jonny!!



Loveland, Colorado. The Continental Divide. And it snowed!



Colorado Natural Museum, wolves.




A view from 30,000 feet up.




My good friend and his lovely lady, Vin and Freida!



I used to work there flipping burgers and making large sized burritos! Big UP my Kiwis, Mexicans and Ski BUMS!



Colorado all wrapped up.



FREE Ice Cream, YEAH.



Asako swept away.




A really cool dome loitering boy.


Denver's Monolith Festival held in world premier man made rock Amphitheater was a visually stunning mile high experience. The bands, the music, the venue, the altitude, the wind and the below summer temperatures were all variably heightened by the fact that even though the attendance was only a mere 9,000 visitors per day, it was one intense festival to be involved in. There were 5 stages, a gang of bands and two days to paint. For me, this was one of the more fun spots. Here in colorado, I realized that all the locations we toured to all summer, it was all like choosing a backdrop to a video game. Each scenery being a completely different feel and energy. This trip was especially memorable to me because I was able to travel with my wife, Asako. In many ways, I was more ready to paint and more focused and truly more relaxed. Thank you, Mi Asakita!

No comments: