Saturday, April 11, 2009

090410 Biweekly Part Three April 2, 2009



Danny Fuller Art Opening Benefit in Chelea, New York City.
Benefit for Saving Oceans. 'Lost World' Murphy and Dine Gallery.
Curated by Tripoli Patterson.

Danny Fuller had an art event april 2, 2009. It was in New York's now gallery row, Chelsea. There were c-prints on hand for the artist's landscape imagery created in
what looks like a really long exposure. There are images of beaches from around the world, mostly in hawaii. My particular favorite piece is 'Shark Cove'. I remember looking at this break in 2004 eating outside at the shark shack(?) in oahu and thinking, wow, this wave breaks right in front of a plate of jagged mess. I imagined it would be a very dangerous situation for any surfer. To see Danny's image of Shark Cove when it is low tide and long exposed in the late late late night, I feel like he captured the landscape from Da Vinci's Mona Lisa. The place already looks crazy,
with it low tide and exposed, one can easily mistaken it for some aerial waterfall shots. The rest of the show was also very beautiful. Unusual colors and even some really unusual locations. Tel Aviv! with a poised, unmoving sea creature in the foreground, what looks to me like a crab. If you , dear reader, have an opportunity to check out his work, I recommend it. Its large format and gripping scenery will have you smelling the salt and feeling the air. Now, I gotta make my chips, so I can have one of the 11 that was issued for this event. The curator was Tripoli Patterson from Bridgehampton, Long Island. Also there were RVCA sponsors and I apologize as this is not a journalistic excellence blog, my information is somewhat limited. It might have been joggled away by the great music and dancing that accompanied this event. All the grooves to keep the attendance dancing. I found out about this event on Surfline Public Local Posting. I did not meet Danny Fuller. Bummer.




YEah! DJ, play that dancing music! Pharcyde, De La Soul, Samba and Pop?



Dancing.



April 2, 2009 was also the day I was supposed to bring my 'clear title motorcycle' I bought used from Massachusettes to New York Salvage Yards to have her inspected for stolen parts and safety check. This is a bike I bought in november used with a general feeling that it needed some work. It is kind of my policy to buy used so that I can get around and learn to fix the vehicle, at least take some care of it and not feel bad about messing it up.. well, not too bad, like if it was new. To make a long story short, I took her apart for basic basic maintenance and discovered some minor problems that needs addressing. When you buy used bike, take someone who knows bikes with you. This will save you many many hours of labour and parts purchased that might have been avoided if you pick another bike that costs a tad bit more and is in a better shape. I should have known that. Anyways, after some cleaning that I can do with my limited knowledge and some direction from Tom at Motorcycle Works, Ltd in Brooklyn, I was able to ride to the inspection and ride back, passed! Thank you very much Tom!!! so, here is a plug.. Motorcycle Works, LTD. 316 Carroll Street. Brooklyn, NY. 718 802-1705. APPOINTMENTS ONLY on weekdays. Open on Saturdays publicly. But, you should call. Great mechanic. Very Knowledgeable.




Cleaning the carbs.




Taking her out.

No comments: