Thursday, April 9, 2009

090409. Biweekly part One. Mother Couch Jam



The Couch Party @ Mother NYC. March 25, 2009. Wednesday. PM.


Where does all the days go and why does it go so fast? Time seems to travel faster and everyday the moments are all stolen away while I watch the grass grow. Well, it s done and here I am updating my blog again.. another two three weeks fly by and I recap some places I ve seen and some stuff I ve done. It was a very transitional few weeks as I find myself trying to turn a new leaf of personal responsibility. Sounds great. Always does. Doesn t really have much to do about much so let s just jump in and see what we gots... and what we have here is Mother NYC Couch Sessions! It was an evening of music, art creating and dancing mayhem! There was Consequence of Tribe called Quest out introducing his new album, about to drop. He was a new man of great skills as he also matured and progressed, always keeping the people on their toes. This was one of the events where I found myself more surprised at who ended up showing up. Crazy. He was billed but I don't even remember seeing his name on the mailer I got. Go figure. I don t pay much attention. For me, I was interested in one,
Tristan Eaton who was also billed to live Painting. I take interest in this genre because I always wonder what other artists do when they 'live paint'. That 'live' for me is always interchanging with live and live. Silly thing to think about.



Live Painting. Tristan Eaton. ThunderDog.

Of course on hand was the awesome group that is , Mother NYC. It was an awesome time and the music was super fine. I miss Moms sometimes... One of my most memorable highlights for me was to see mini Milo getting down. When I say get down, I mean, GET DOWN! He was probably having THE most fun. He had moments of great physical body convulsion expressions and the New York Break Attitude, it was phenomenal. Of course, you had to be there to witness the pure un-adult-rated body rockin, but Consequence had to GET DOWN with Mile, it was THAT pure and THAT TRUE! BLESS!! BIG UP, MILO!!!!!! note. Milo is four.





Mother NYC. Pierce. Part time Mother. Full TIME BICYCLIST(!!!)




Mother NYC. Proud Pappi.. er.. Mother NYC.. I mean Tom, double glasses. Heather, always with the smiles.. and .. sorry, I forgot your name... FUN PARTY!!



Jonny Santos and Kate of Mother NYC.



Head Moms with Jonny Santos. The hand coming out the chest.. looks painful.



Consequence!



Consequence!



Consequence!



Couch. Any Reason for a Party. A Couch? HELLS YEA!!!!



Consequence!! Did I mention, His album is about to drop!!



Andrew. Super Underground Yellow Head MC!

No comments: