Friday, June 15, 2012

120615. Friday, going San Francisco.

After Georgetown on saturday, a cloudy to bright day in portland. 'last week's weather was poop, you guys lucked out...' We got that a lot. I want to take the time to thank Missing Link, Franz, his family, Christine and their lovely dynamic duos, Nico and Stephan. Through them, I learned about 2nd generation born austrians in Belize. I love how the lines of race and culture are always blurring in infinite combinations.
Portland was cool. It was like a city outside a spawning Georgetown.  I ve been to portland in spurts but could never really figure it out. This trip found us in south east neighborhood. It reminds me of an old saying, 'if it aint broke, don t fix it.' In that respect, it was easy and cool to be in your hood and be absolutely chillin while the whole city churned to industry monsters and the small guy goods that are just as important. What do I mean? It is a town where things get done and her citizens make it happen! We were hosted by NY ex pat, Filth aka Lucas Irwin and his beautiful family, Jay, Isaiah, Silas and my new girlfriend, Chewbacca. We were supposed to drive out to Yosemite on monday and we ended up leaving on monday... For a 13 hour drive to Cali. I learned about makin stuff happen with whats available and diggin deep! I learned about raising two boys and a dog in a house and a backyard. This house was one chill house and one beautiful family. Thank you.
The following morning had us driving out at 6 am. One last hug to chewbacca, while the family slept. It was us driving south towards another family home before reaching our next host family, Green.
There in Grass Valley, it was an ex-sanFran family escaping the urban noise and distraction, trading in for organic country living. Thank you Doze, Nikki, Kalihil, Noah and Nina! I learned about family in the country.

No comments: