Friday, May 1, 2009

090430. Costa Rica



Morning Sunrise at JFK, NYC.

Howdy , howdy. as I sit and feels like I am bobbing up and down the ocean, I want to send my greetings and some badly taken images of my first half of the costa rica trip with myself and seven of my good gringo homies! It has been very hard to take photos because this has been a surf vacations and I find myself gaping at the intensity of nature. A tropical location with warm bath water ocean and autumn power waves! I hope the images will speak for itself or you make your way down this way to this part of the world!



The sunrise from the airport. Another angle.



The view from on my miami flight to san jose, CR.



One of many tropical song birds found in Costa Rica. This one in a tree at La Rivera.




First there was seven. Group shot at the hotel.
Jimmy, Damian, Erich, Matt, Mike, Trevor and Matt W.




When I took this shot from the airplane shortly after landing in San Jose, I thought it was very nice welcome. Little did I know that it was an aeroport museum and restaurant. It was to be my first meal of San Jose. Nice.



Eating at the museum. Erich and Damian.



Matt W., Jimmy and Trevor. Matt was in the back behind Jimmy.



A car on the road.




Our BLK13 Surf Mobile! 7 surfboards strapped to the top.



The first look of our local break, Playa Hermosa. Mid Tide.




In the casa with all modern amenities.
Trevor, Jimmy, Erich and Matt W.



Damian and Josh. Heavy Lounging.



Ahhh.. beautiful localism.
Our neighborhood loiter Dog. She slept on our porch all day, every day.



A unique quiver of boards at our house or strapped up on top.





The house we pass every time we leave the compound. Contemplating Squatting.
I mean, with a tree for a roof! Right in front of beach! Looks like a dream..








A really big Bodega. Not the same bodega in new york.. this one sold car parts.




Insta-crowd. Just add water.




Playa Oeste. Matt, Damian and Erich.




Matt and Matt W. in oeste.





Playa Oeste Estrillo. Nice mermaid looking fondly out to sea as she summons mushy waves for us to play in.



Boat on the side of the road in front of the beach. Feels tropical to me.






Another afternoon session. Jaco.



Jaco Beach.







Erich. Tour Manager. Only when things went wrong.
Tired from a day of surfing. Every day of surfing.



Sunset at Jaco, down the road from Carton's Shop.



Local Surf Shop at Jaco. Carton Boards.



Your local, friendly, neighborhood shaper, Carton.




This was the morning view. Everyday sunrise from our crows nest that was our lookout point. Right above the sleeping quarters.

No comments: