Sunday, August 10, 2008

080805 White Lies at Mercury Lounge




I was back in new york city by 08 05 tuesday. In chicago, one of the bands that was interviewed by Jonny Santos at Lollapalooza was White Lies. They sound awesome and I actually remember them playing while I was busy toiling on the live painting wall in the Dell Dome during the weekend. When I heard that they were playing in new york the following tuesday, I was ecstatic. I thought this band was tight and had all kinds of similarities with many different bands but with their own original style. Fortunately for me, I was able to witness their live set in new york. To the benefit of my doubt, they were actually better than I remembered. This is a band on the cusp of blowing up. Enjoy.










Harry and Mike. Mercury Lounge, NYC 2008

No comments: