Friday, May 16, 2008

G-Shock 25 Anniversary Party, NYC May 14 2008


G-Shock 25th anniversary Party at Giovi.... something or another was a great success. There was famous peoples and kinda famous peoples and all sorts of celebrities. There was Patron Tequila with three very distinct G-Shock mixed cocktails and very fine fingerfoods.The event highlights was Mister Ibe, the inventor behind the G-Shock engineering! He had a great presentation explaining his personal quest to make an unbreakable watch after he broke his watch that his father had gave him, some 27 years ago. That was a cool story. There was the introduction of the new line of G-Shocks for 2008 and two celebrity endorsements. One was Spike Lee and the other, Eric Haze!

The after press party was packing and more people were in attendance. Since I am no paparazzi and even a horrible amateur camera man, I did not take any pictures. There was a heavy Downtown Scene, to be sure and lots of endorsements from them as well. After about seven drinks too many for me, we were treated to a Kanye West performance for an hour! There were ladies in space suits and crazy lights and the crowd was psyched. Afterwards, we, in attendance, were all given gifts at the door! I have to thank G-Shock for my NEW 25 th anniversary G-Shock in white! DOPE!

(I GOTS MINE, How about YOU?)
It was quite a memorable event. Unfortunately for G-Shock, there was quite a mess outside the event's hall and all sorts of littering. The presents we recieved were strewn about from lawn tops to wall tops, garbage boxes to trash cans. I guess no one gives a shit but I think it's something to think about. I would think that kind of behaviour can be considered rude. I guess everyone was too liquored up to remember their manners. I guess nothing burned down, must have been a hell of a way to celebrate 25 years!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheer! to Casio g shock 25 anniversary